lördag 20 november 2010

My Hobby

I have many hobbies, so it is kind of hard to only pick one of them. These hobbies would include wall climbing, playing the guitar and photography. The wall climbing goes up and down and I cannot really think of it as a passion, more of an exercising activity. Playing the guitar is something that I have done for such a long time so I do not consider it a hobby, but more of an obligation.

My most recent hobby is photography. Even though I have always liked to take photos, it is as recent as the last year that I have tried to develop as a photographer. This means that I bought my first DSLR-camera in the autumn of 2009, but I have owned different types of “ordinary” compact or hybrid digital cameras before. These were very limited in the settings, so I wanted a better one.

The biggest reason for this was to be able to take photos of cars going past in the dark (longer shutter time) and to try to take HDR-picture. The latter one is something that I'm yet to succeed with.

The interest actually died after a few months because I felt that my pictures sucked. But then I tried to photograph in the RAW-format to be able to have a wider range of editing options. And by this, I learn more and more every time I open up Photoshop. Also, one big reason why I continue is that photography is a quick result, in contrast to playing the guitar which I felt I did not really develop within fast enough.

I have two other friends that are interested, but one of them does not bother to edit, and his interest fell after a while. The other friend has been doing it for longer time than me, so in the beginning I asked him several questions, which is a key thing to do in order to keep up the hobby, getting started. I and he have recently finished a common project where we were to photograph and publish picture of the theme “Communication”. Now we have the theme “My love to fire”.

I do not know how long time I will keep this up. I still consider myself to be a bad photographer, but I have found my innovative skills and niche and will keep it up as long as my creativity lets me to. Also, my camera is the cheapest and I know its, and my, limitations. And if I am aware of them, they will be challenged.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar